Skip to main content

I Was Inspired

Well, folks, meet my new phone...


It's an HTC Inspire 4G. As some of you may know, my beloved iPhone 4 passed away a few weeks ago, and so it was time to try something new. I'd heard some good things about the Android OS (mainly that it was much more customizable than the Apple iOS), and did a lot of online research for what was available on the AT&T network. It came down to the Motorola Atrix, and the Inspire. The Atrix is a more powerful phone, but it costs more and, honestly, with my main usage consisting of casual web browsing, texting and a few minor apps, how powerful of a phone do I really need?

So, the Inspire has proven itself to be quite capable during the last week-and-a-half. It's taken a bit of a learning curve to learn the new OS, but now that I've diddled around with it for awhile, I've grown to appreciate it. Certainly, it is much more customizable than Apple iOS, and I quite like the 4.3" display screen (compared to the 3.5" that was on the iPhone). While there is some debate as to whether or not AT&T's 4g network is 1) activated and, 2) all that fast, I find the Inspire to be very fast, indeed. At least, for my satisfaction.

As Ashley says, "It's not such a bad little phone, all it needs is a little love" (with credit to A Charlie Brown Christmas).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Cool Breeze

Like so many others, I first met Jean Breeze when I was five years old. She would've been thirty-six at the time. Nearly forty-two years later, our time shared on this earth has come to an end. Jean was a kindergarten teacher at Westview Elementary School in Champaign, Illinois. Her classroom -- at least when I was there -- was at the north end of the school, facing John St. It had a row of windows that let in the sunshine, and it was filled with educational materials, toys and various knick-knacks accumulated over the years. We would take naps there every day. Ms. Breeze would read to us daily. It was a fun place to be. I remember my year there fondly.

Yesterday's Restaurants

The local newspaper has a feature from one of Champaign-Urbana's most legendary restaurateur's, John Katsinas, on what his favorite area restaurants were that have now since closed (or will soon be closing).  It's a nice little read, and has made me stop and think about the restaurants that have come and gone that have left an indelible (and edible) impression on me throughout the years. Here we go....

31 Days of Horror Movies: Thir13en Ghosts

While not a scholar or even a purist, I am somewhat of a film snob. Not a big fan of remakes, specifically when the originals don't need updating. It is therefore an unusual position I find myself in, preferring a remake to an original, and by leaps and bounds. Let's take a look at today's feature...